POSITION: Head Coach
LOCATION: Bay Area, CA
HOURS: Full-Time Exempt (40 hrs. per week)
At NCFIT, we are obsessed with coaching. We eat, drink, and sleep coaching. Early alarms and late nights don't phase us – we are focused and committed. In an industry plagued with mediocrity, we strive to set a higher bar. Simply put we are professionals, and we are investing heavily in progressing our coaches to new heights. Through a culture of excellence and a dynamic development framework we arm our coaches with the tools and resources they need to excel and evolve. If you're ready to go from JV to Varsity...read on and apply. If you're content with mediocrity...keep scrolling Instagram.
As Head Coach you will lead and manage your own team of coaches, help develop a community of athletes while ensuring all facets of the operation exemplify the core values of NCFIT. Head Coaches must possess an in-depth knowledge of fitness/health, stand as a pillar in the community, coach their team for success and use sound judgement to lead the gym to. This is the perfect role for coaches looking to expand their skill set into management and development.
- Current CrossFit L1 and L2 certificate; Achieved or pursuing CrossFit L3 certification (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience leading CrossFit classes or operating a CrossFit facility
- College degree or substantive life/professional experience in leadership role
- In depth knowledge of CrossFit, fitness, health, and nutrition – tip of spear
- In depth knowledge and skill in leading CrossFit classes – we want the best in the world
- High level interpersonal, time management and organizational skills – professional mindset
- Strong leadership skills and inspires action in those around them – leads by example
- Creative thinking, dispute resolution and problem-solving skills all finely honed – cool under pressure
- Capable of thinking globally but acting locally in considering greater business goals and objectives
- Lead daily classes (Estimated 15-20 hours on floor coaching per week)
- Observe, develop and lead site specific team; and curate overall program offering (Estimated 10 hours per week)
- Manage daily maintenance, equipment, repairs and cleanliness of the facility (Estimated 5 hours per week)
- Meet weekly with General Manager and Coaching Director
- Handle member inquiries, provide information about program, and track attendance
- Retain members through creating and promoting a world class, positive, and fun environment
- Plan and facilitate community events calendar along with GM
- Organize class scheduling to ensure all classes appropriately staffed along with GM
- Identify, recruit and train new team members along with GM (Front Desk and FT/PT coaches)
- Assist in certain marketing and business development objectives along with GM
NCFIT provides excellent compensation packages for its employees. The compensation offered is based on several factors including years of experience, leadership/management abilities, positive performance evaluation and overall expertise. Compensation includes a competitive base salary, health benefits, as well as potential bonuses. In addition, success in this position includes but is not limited to hiring, coaching, training and developing team members to achieve high performance objectives.
TO APPLY, DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE APPLICATION HERE. PLEASE FILL OUT, SCAN, AND EMAIL COMPLETED FORMS TO OUR DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS, MDV, MDV@NC.FIT
Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place. With more than 20 locations worldwide (and growing), NCFIT. offers unique competitive benefits to its team members while focusing on their career development and growth.
NCFIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer