From Jason Khalipa:
"Several lists have been made with "Workouts on the Go." I want to start a new list (which I will continue to update) of workouts that I do while traveling. From all of my travels (it's a lot) I have found that the majority of time your hotel will have some type of fitness center. Lets use it! These workouts aren't design to crush people, just great for a workout on the road...something that makes you feel good when you leave your hotel room ready for the day!
Ultimately lets start with this:
Workouts while traveling and performed alone require a certain mentality. A mentality of...you against the dumbbell, you against the push ups, squats...or any other exercise or piece of equipment, and you want to WIN!!!
It is significantly more important to put yourself in a mindset to perform. My mind says, "walk in the hotel gym, kick my own ass, walk out and get ready for the day." Although this mentality is challenging to develop and have, it allows you to feel fully fulfilled when finished with your workout. This is truly the only way to be just as satisfied after a hotel workout as a normal CrossFit workout at your home gym. You don't have a coach or support system, be your own.
Things to Note:
- See if you can play music off your iPhone. No ear plugs they just get in the way.
- If you use a timer on your phone switch the auto lock off.
- Scale accordingly (should be challenging but doable with good technique)
- Hit it hard and always complete full range of motion
- Immediately get on the treadmill or bike when you walk in the door. Start walking or jogging then decide your workout…..don't sit there and think about it, get your body moving ASAP! You should have a decent sweat before you start, get the floor a bit wet, a gym needs a little sweat on the floor sometimes.